QuickBooks Payroll Service is an additional feature that users activate so that they are entitled to certain payroll features while using QuickBooks Desktop Software. There are three types of payroll features, Basic, Enhanced or Assisted Payroll. Depending on their business requirement users can choose any one type of service.
QuickBooks payroll allows users to create paychecks, make direct deposits, and fill out tax state and federal forms for their business. You can call the QuickBooks payroll support number to see which plan and service are best suited for your business.
On the best features of QuickBooks Payroll Service is the Payroll updates. This has the latest and most accurate calculations for state and federal taxes, including payroll tax forms and online payment options. If the payroll functions are not working it is understandable that users will struggle and their business will be affected. If you have seen that after updating QuickBooks payroll does not open then you can follow the steps given below to resolve the issue:
Also Read – How to Resolve QuickBooks error 3371
Step 1: Close QuickBooks completely
- Use the ‘Ctrl + Alt + Del’ command to open the Task Manager
- Go through all the QuickBooks or Intuit process, and all the processes that have ‘.qb’.
- Select all these processes and click on ‘End Task’.
Step 2: Repair QuickBooks
- Back up all your QuickBooks data
- Go to the control panel and under ‘Programs and Features’ look for QuickBooks
- Look for the ‘Uninstall/Change’ option. When you click on it you will see the option to ‘Repair’, click on it.
- The installation wizard will now begin the repairing process.
- After the repairing is over, restart your PC.
Step 3: Update QuickBooks
- Check to see if you are using the latest version of QuickBooks
- If not, turn on the automatic update feature and wait for QuickBooks to update.
- You can also update it manually by downloading the file.
Step 4: Update the Payroll tax table
- Once you update QuickBooks you need to make sure you are using the latest tax table as well.
- Go to Payroll update which is in the Employee section.
- Select the entire payroll, download it and then click update.
- Once the update is complete, go through the changes and click ‘Ok’.
Once you complete all the steps close and restart QuickBooks. Now you can try to open and run payroll to see if you can use the features as before. If you find that payroll is still not working after you have completed all the required updates then there may be a technical issue and you will need to contact a trained expert. QuickBooks customer support team representatives are available 24 hours a day to give you the technical assistance you may need to address this issue.